New season deals you'll love... View deals
This competition is now closed.
Destination Great Lake Taupo (Destination Lake Taupo Trust)
1. The ‘Promoter’ is: Destination Lake Taupo Trust whose registered office is at Level 1, 32 Roberts St, Taupo.
2. ‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
3. ‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
4. By entering this competition (the ‘Promotion’) an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions (‘Promotion rules’)
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Promotion.
6. Entry for the Promotion is via Love Taupō's Facebook and Instagram social media channels, newsletters and lovetaupo.com, and any other channels the Promoter deems necessary.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. Closing date for entry will be December 20 2020, 11:59pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9. The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries into the Promotion that have not been received by the closing time and date, for whatever reason.
10. Entrants must sign-up to the Destination Great Lake Taupo (Love Taupo) email database to go in the draw. All information supplied (including first name, last name and email) must be correct and true.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion and the Promotion rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, pandemic, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the Promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Promotion.
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the Prize (the ‘Winner’)
14. The Prize, supplied by the Promotion Partners, is as follows:
a) Tongariro Lodge - 3 nights’ twin share in chalet accommodation for 2 people including breakfast daily. Dinner one night for 2 people. Guided fishing on one day including equipment.
b) Tongariro River Rafting - one day guided raft fishing experience on the Tongariro River for 2 people.
c) Creel Tackle House & Café - a $50.00 voucher.
d) Hare & Copper Eatery - a $200.00 voucher.
e) Sporting Life - a $250.00 voucher.
f) Poronui - 3 nights’ share twin accommodation in a lodge room, daily country breakfast, light lunch, canapés, gourmet dinner, beverages (except for wines from the Cellar List), same day personal laundry service, two days’ guided fly-fishing and any gear needed for 2 guests.
g) Helisika - $2000 helicopter credit for use on one day during your stay at Poronui.
h) Lakeside Accommodation - 2 nights’ luxury lakeside accommodation in Taupo town for two people.
i) Chris Jolly Outdoors - Half-day lake charter package including a 4 hour private charter with trout fishing, all fishing gear and licenses, lunch and beverages provided for 2 guests.
15. The Prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable.
16. The Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of the Winner receiving notification of winning.
17. Terms and conditions apply as follows:
a) Tongariro Lodge: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Prize inclusions are subject to availability, weather, and river conditions.
b) Tongariro River Rafting: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Prize inclusions are subject to availability, weather, and river conditions.
c) Creel Tackle House & Café: Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
d) Hare & Copper Eatery: Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
e) Sporting Life: Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and is not available for the purchase of fishing licenses.
f) Poronui: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Prize inclusions are subject to availability, weather, and river conditions.
g) Helisika: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Prize inclusions are subject to availability, weather, and river conditions.
h) Lakeside Accommodation: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Subject to availability. Property choice will be at the discretion of Lakeside Accommodation.
i) Chris Jolly Outdoors: Travel must be commenced and completed 01 Feb - 31 May 2021 or 01 Dec- 31 Dec 2021. Prize inclusions are subject to availability, weather, and river conditions.
18. The Winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
19. The Winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the Prize from the Winner and pick a replacement winner.
20. The Promoter will notify the Winner when and where the Prize can be collected/delivered.
21. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Destination Lake Taupo Trust in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. The Winner is responsible for all travel costs (unless otherwise indicated), insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
22. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promotion and these Promotion rules will be governed by New Zealand law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
24. The Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current New Zealand data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
25. The Winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
27. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to grant the Promotion Partners access to the data provided for the purpose of email correspondence. Destination Great Lake Taupo will not sell your data or distribute it beyond the Promotion Partners of the competition.
28. Destination Great Lake Taupo reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Your prize can be taken in any order subject to availability but our suggestion is as follows:
Arrive by air or by road and make your way towards the riverside settlement of Turangi, a base camp for world-class fly fishing on the pristine Tongariro River. Turangi sits at the southern end of New Zealand’s largest volcanic lake and is the gateway to the awe-inspiring beauty and adventure of the UNESCO dual World Heritage Tongariro National Park.
Check in for three nights’ chalet accommodation at Tongariro Lodge; an iconic fishing lodge located in beautiful garden surrounds on the banks of the Tongariro River. The stylish and well-appointed one bedroom chalets offer quality furnishings, comfortable king beds, tea and coffee facilities, television, fridge and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Enjoy complimentary breakfast daily during your stay.
Dinner: At leisure. Suggestions will be provided for this evenings meal.
Enjoy a day of guided fly fishing on the world-famous Tongariro River with a passionate local guide from Tongariro Lodge. You will also have access to all the gear and equipment that you will need for a successful day fishing. The knowledge, experience and expertise of the Lodge’s guides is unequaled thanks to their rich history of decades of guiding in the area, special access to many secluded locations, and an ongoing desire to discover hidden gems to share with their clients.
The Tongariro River is a vast fishery that can provide the trout fishing experience of a lifetime year-round for both the beginner and a seasoned pro; this will be a world-class fishing experience to remember.
Present your catch-of-the-day to the team at Tongariro Lodge for preparation and experience gourmet dining in a unique fishing lodge atmosphere with roaring flames in stone fireplaces, comfortable lounges and friendly staff waiting to serve you from an extensive wine list.
The dining rooms are warm and intimate; a perfect place to enjoy a 3-course dinner at the end of a great day fishing.
Today is a day for an adventure like no other with a once-in-a-lifetime raft fishing experience on the world-famous Tongariro River with Tongariro River Rafting. The Tongariro River is home to wild brown and rainbow trout in their thousands making for legendary fly fishing experiences, and what better way to explore the wild reaches of the upper river than by raft. Spend the day fishing on secluded and untouched sections of the Tongariro River with an experienced guide. Owned and operated by local legend Garth Oakden, who has 34 years of experience rafting and fishing the Tongariro River, you are guaranteed an exceptional day out.
Explore crystal-clear pools and unspoiled runs that get minimal angling pressure compared to the lower Tongariro and can, therefore, deliver exceptional fishing. Raft fishing gives you access to stretches of river you cannot reach by road with Grade 3 rapids to navigate along the way.
You may also spot an endangered Whio or Blue Duck on the river, and learn more about Tongariro River Rafting’s involvement in the rehabilitation and protection of these native ducks with the Blue Duck Project.
Enjoy a hearty dinner and drinks at Hare & Copper Eatery to the value of $200. Hare & Copper Eatery is a casual contemporary restaurant set in the old River Wines Vineyard in Turangi. The newest restaurant in town is a shared landed dream between husband and wife team, Andrew Wood executive chef and Liliana Calva operations manager. Their aim is to source the best possible local ingredients to create delicious dishes that people can enjoy in a beautiful setting. With a menu of mouth-watering dishes like Pork belly served with celeriac puree, butternut, watercress & ginger jus and lamb rump with fried kumara gnocchi, mushroom and lavender - you will be spoiled for choice.
Enjoy a leisurely morning and make use of your $50 voucher for a delicious brunch at Creel Tackle House & Café, a Turangi favourite for anglers and locals alike. A real hidden gem, blink and you could miss this cosy eatery tucked away behind the fishing tackle and gourmet gift shop. Creel offer great coffee, perfect pastries, delicious cabinet food, a menu of hearty dishes and quirky gifts, as well as fishing hardware and accessories, all wrapped up in one incredibly quaint setting.
Take a stroll through Turangi township and visit Sporting Life, where you can spend your $250 voucher. Sporting Life is your one stop shop for all your fishing, hunting and tramping needs. The store has been an owner operated store since opening in 1968 and is staffed with passionate and knowledgeable outdoor enthusiasts. Stocking tackle for fly fishing and boat fishing and a huge range of hunting and tramping equipment – you will be sure to find something suited to your outdoor gear needs.
Check in to your accommodation at Poronui Lodge, New Zealand’s ultimate luxury sporting retreat. Access some of New Zealand’s most exciting and remote fly fishing locations while staying at the world-renowned property set amongst authentic New Zealand wilderness. At Poronui there is nothing you have to do and plenty that you can do, making for the most relaxing escape! While famous for their fishing, there are plenty of outdoor experiences on offer from mountain biking and horse riding to Maori cultural experiences, hiking and hunting.
Your stay at Poronui includes three nights’ luxury accommodation in a twin share lodge room with country breakfast daily, a light lunch, canapés and gourmet dinner daily with beverages (except for wines from the Cellar List), and complimentary use of fishing gear (waders, boots, rods and reels) and two days’ of guided fly fishing for two guests, including one day by helicopter!
Spend the day fly fishing with a passionate guide from Poronui and access amazing locations by 4x4 vehicle.
Fly fishing at Poronui is synonymous with gin-clear waters and big brown and rainbow trout in the heart of New Zealand’s backcountry. With two rivers running through the property and a myriad of other rivers and streams nearby, you will stalk brown and rainbow trout through crystal clear waters by day and be looked after by the exceptional team by night.
Spend your days casting your fly or nymph into the spring-fed waters, trying to snare a fat and iridescent rainbow or a stealthy brown. It’s just your skill and the river at play – with excellent tuition from your experienced and knowledgeable Poronui guide who’s by your side for every cast.
Taste - Return late afternoon and share the day’s experiences with other keen anglers over drinks and canapes, followed by a delicious gourmet dinner.
New Zealand is famous for its wilderness rivers, many of which are accessible only by helicopter. Discover epic back country fly fishing with a Poronui fishing guide and a $2,000 helicopter credit with Helisika for use during your stay. A helicopter flight deep into Poronui's 6,500 hectares will uncover some of the most legendary landscapes and challenging fly fishing you will ever experience. Regarded as trophy waters where huge trout cruise in swift deep pools, angling can be technically difficult but with expert knowledge from your Poronui fishing guide you may just land the catch of a lifetime. With the backcountry right at our doorstep, Poronui and Helisika will take you there.
Spend a leisurely couple of hours exploring some of the activities Taupo township has to offer.
Why not see Taupo from a birds-eye-view with Big Sky Parasail? Float up to 1000ft above Lake Taupo and experience the unbeatable, ultimate view of Taupo and the surrounding maunga (mountains).
Feeling lucky? Then give Taupo's famous Hole-in-One Challenge a go; with $10,000 on the line it's worth a shot!
The Huka Falls, New Zealand's most visited natural attraction, is only a five minute drive from the town centre. See nearly a quarter of a millions litres of water per second crash into the river below. Alternatively, take the 6km return Huka Falls walking track from Spa Thermal Park and leisurely make your way to the falls alongside the picturesque Waikato River.
Check in for two nights’ accommodation at your luxury Lakeside Apartment. Located close to Taupo town centre and a stone’s throw from the lake, the perfect lakeside retreat for those who enjoy the finer things in life. Enjoy spectacular lake views, a thermally heated swimming pool and spa.
Take an afternoon dip at Wairakei Terraces adults-only thermal hot pools. Surrounded by native bush and set below silica terraces and waterfalls, these thermal pools are rich in minerals and will have your body rested and rejuvenated for another day of fishing.
Travel in style by private launch and explore hidden, remote bays of Lake Taupo, on a 4 hour private fishing charter with Chris Jolly Outdoors. The half-day trip includes fishing, all gear and tackle, fishing licenses, lunch, and beverages. It's guaranteed to be an exceptional day out on the water!