1. Fly fishing on the Tongariro River.
2. Ski or snowboard Whakapapa Ski Area – the active volcano.
3. Traverse the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
4. White water rafting on the Tongariro River.
5. Mountain biking – Tongariro River Trail, 42 Traverse, Tree Trunk Gorge, Timber Trail, and Great Lake Trail.
6. Learn to fish at the Tongariro National Trout Centre.
7. Discover beautiful short walks in the Tongariro National Park – Taranaki Falls,Tama Lakes, Tawhai Falls, Silica Rapids, and Lake Rotopounamu.
8. Discover the beaches of the southern bays of Lake Taupō.
9. Bike or walk the 14km family-friendly Tongariro River Trail.
10. View bubbling mud pools along the Tokaanu Thermal Walk followed by a hot soak at the Tokaanu Thermal Pools.